Lindsey's Life

Monday, January 3, 2011

Starting the year out strong...

well, okay not that strong. Day 1 and this is what we had for dinner and I already blew my resolution by not running!
But day 2, I hit the road again!
I feel so blessed to be able to run along side the beach. I can't believe the one day I actually bring my camera it's cloudy. I have been thinking about bringing it for months and I could almost have guaranteed you sun! Oh well, I actually got hailed on today!
Yesterday on my run I started Resilience: Reflections of the Burdens and Gifts of Facing Life's Adversities by Elizabeth Edwards. As I started out my run, I was complaining to myself about how I really didn't want to go running and wishing that I had already finished for the day and dreading the next hour. Poor me, Poor me, why do I have to run to keep in shape. Then the book started and the first thing she talks about is her father having a stroke and the nurse telling her his brain is dead and he will never walk or talk again. This changed my attitude real quick and actually really made me push myself because you just don't know what will happen next! The book is really good and I made a promise to myself that I can only listen to the book while running. So low and behold I was out on the path today running along to Elizabeth. I think audio books are the way to go to pass the time!
I guess I am starting to panic that in the years to come my memory will fail me, which it has already done in the past. I am way to young to be concerning myself about that, but it's a reality that my memory is poor. As a result, I have found myself taking more pictures and wanting to document our last few months here more than ever before. I know I will thank myself later and it will be so great to have so many pictures to remember by!
Some pea patches near the beach!
Notice the guy in the grass? I couldn't figure out what he was trying to take a picture of. Usually, there are a ton of photographers down on the beach to capture the sunset, but it was pretty gray tonight.
Fried chicken is extremely popular in Korea, especially to have it delivered. Notice the delivery scooter out front. This place cracks me up, the name is "Woman's style chicken". Now, I am not sure what that means. I would have thought it meant baked chicken, trying to cut down on fat. But that is not the case as the chicken is fried!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing an awesome job of journaling your year in Korea. And, yes you will be very proud of yourself later for doing so. And, I love getting to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea for running. I will have to try to listen to a book instead of music and see if it makes the time go by faster.
    It's fun reading your blog and getting to see all your pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete