Lindsey's Life

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cooking class in Chiang Mai

We did a cooking class in Chiang Mai with Asia Scenic Thai Cooking school and I am so happy we did it! The class was really great and a lot fun! I am hoping Justin remembers what he learned when we get home! Ha! Just kidding. But all the food turned out really good, and we each got a cook book!
First we got to select 5 dishes that we wanted to make. I made green papaya salad, chicken pad see uw, tom yum soup, green curry paste and green curry. Justin made spring rolls, pad thai, tom sab soup (our teacher told us that it is the sexiest soup because of all it's sexy ingredients), khaw soi curry paste and khaw soi curry. Khaw soi is famous in Northern Thailand. We decided to make different things so we could dabble in each others!

The school has is own herb garden so we got to take a tour of the garden and smell and taste all the herbs we would be using! I loved that part and it made me realize how bad I want a garden to dink around in!
After our garden tour, we headed to the local market to check out the ingredients that the locals use. I really learned a lot about the different types of tofu, noodles and rices.
Chris and Justin making spring rolls!
We each had our own cooking station! Our teacher was great, his name was "A" easy for everyone to remember! He loved using the word sexy. He kept saying " more spicy is more sexy". He was cracking us all up!
Making curry paste from scratch!
Chef Justin in the kitchen! Maybe I will see more of this action at home! ;)
Cute miss Chrissie! I am so happy they met us. we had so much fun!
Enjoying the final products!
Spring rolls made by Justin and papaya salad made by me!
Green Curry- yum, yum!

Collin woke up sick the next day, but I don't think it was a result of anyone's cooking! At least I sure hope not!

1 comment:

  1. You have done such an awesome job journaling this 14 month adventure. I have absolutely loved being able to follow along with you two and all of your experiences. Many others have enjoyed it as well. You also will enjoy all the beautiful photos for years to come.
    Can't wait to see you in person though! :)

    ReplyDelete