Lindsey's Life

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Honesty is the best policy!

Justin and I were at Twosome Place, a coffee shop near our apartment a few days ago. I ordered a sandwich and iced coffee, I think it came out to about 10,000 won. Coffee shops are spendy in Korea, I think because a lot of younger adults live with their parents still so it is a place where they can escape and hang with their friends or boyfriend. Anyways, I already paid and was sitting there waiting and the employee came over and said to me me that I ordered a coffee and sandwich and that they are running a special where the coffee should have been free. I was just really impressed because first of all I already paid and had no idea, but what impressed me the most was she used what English she knew to explain the situation to me and gave me my money back. 9 times out of 10, Koreans have a giggle fit when they try to speak English. I thought that was really cool and so honest! One thing I will miss about Korea is the honesty. You just never have to worry about things getting stolen or ripped off. Now that we will be going to SE Asia I will have to keep an eye on my wallet and start haggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment