Lindsey's Life

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Principles Retirement Ceremony and Tea Time!

Last night was the principle's retirement ceremony. I was told last week the it was at a buffet so I was getting ready and Justin mentioned that his principle's retirement was a formal affair. Glad he mentioned it because I changed out of my jeans and put on some black pants, I would have been the only one in jeans that is for sure. Most of the older woman had traditional Korean dresses on and everyone else was dressed up. It was a nice ceremony much of which I could not understand. But many people gave speeches that involved tears so I was happy to see I am not the only crier! Also, there were some performance. It was a very nice buffet with everything you could think of and lots of seafood. So I filled up my plate with many different things including a small amount of spaghetti. I swear when I got back to the table everyone had to make a comment about "oh spaghetti is good to you". They think I just love spaghetti, it cracks me up!

Oh on a side note, last week I was sitting at lunch and Mrs.Lee came over to talk to Helen. She was looking at my side profile and points at my nose and says "very big nose". I just looked at her like really. That is the second time I have been told I have a large nose. Once by my student who called me Pinochio. Anyways, so last night a teacher that taught at my school last year came over to introduce himself to me and said he really liked my nose and my eyes. I thanked him but was thinking, my nose must really stand out or something!

After dinner, Christina (Hyeung Mi), Helen (Ji Young) and Ji Yoon and I went out for tea time to celebrate our year together and say our good-byes.
Before tea time, Ji Yoon gave me a gift. When she handed it to me she said "Our room together", I did not really understand what she meant then I opened it and she said don't read the card now but the tense is "we". I was thinking she meant her and I and did not realize it was from everyone until I got home. I felt bad that I did not thank them too! They gave me a cute head band and hair clip and this sweet card. Ji Yoon is so kind, she came over to have dessert with me after dinner and gave me a hug and started crying, I was surprised and of course started crying as well. She said "I just feel this now, I didn't expect this". So cute!
Helen, Me and Ji Yoon!
Me and Christina!
We really did have a good year together. There were times I wanted to pull out my hair but I sure will miss these ladies!
Also, during tea time Ji Yoon offered to take Justin and I to the airport on Saturday. I thought that was really sweet of her. She said she was not ready to separate yet. She has only had her license for a year, so she said she is nervous to drive us because she is not a good driver. I have road with her before and I think she is just fine! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment